The owners of a plot of 0.10 hectares contacted ZIKZAK Architects with a request to integrate a modern residential building up to 350 m² with a comfortable relaxation zone into the dense barrier-free environment of a closed cottage community near the Dnieper Bay.
A private area with ergonomic logistics in an eco-tech style. Floating partially exploited roofs. Panoramic energy-saving glazing, interpenetration of the residential and natural space of the estate.
For the effective development of the area of the site, the ZIKZAK Architects team using BIM-design has developed a comprehensive solution for the ergonomic and comfortable use of the existing volume.
- the front part of the house with a garage, the main entrance and a blank wall of the furnace block 80% of outsiders’ access to the site;
- on the first tier, the guest bedroom is isolated in a separate block with its own exits to the hall and to the open lounge area;
- master bedroom with dressing room and bathroom occupies the left wing of the second level;
- roof of the guest room – relaxation balcony 15m² master bedroom;
- the garage canopy covers the windows of the dressing room and the owners’ bathroom from the street side;
- children’s rooms are separated by a spacious combined bathroom and personal dressing rooms;
- panoramic glazing of the office on the second floor overlooks the closed courtyard of the owners;
- a terrace canopy and a side wall with a barbecue hides the lounge area from neighbors.
Logistics of living space 80 LVL:
- 0 steps on the first floor;
- entrance to the garage directly from the street;
- from the main entrance to the panoramic doors to lounge area 8 meters in a straight line;
- right at the entrance: a spacious dressing room and the first guest bathroom;
- one turn to the left: a guest block with a bathroom and a utility block;
- one turn to the right: stairs to the second floor, pantry, kitchen, laundry;
- two steps to the left: studio 70m² with panoramic glazing and access to a 54 m² terrace;
- sheltered from the weather and sun lounge area overlooks to the pool 55 m², connected by open passages with the hall and the guest block;
- terrace with fireplace, barbecue, sink, kitchen island-bar;
- 2-in-1 fireplace: in the house and on terrace.
What constructive planning solutions are involved in the project:
- in the plan the house interprets the letter H, forming external ledges and an internal light courtyard;
- orientation of the private part of the house to the south-west for maximum natural lighting and heating;
- monolithic frame construction on a heat-insulated strip foundation;
- energy-efficient ventilated sandwich facade: porcelain stoneware, air gap, non-combustible mineral insulation, ceramic block;
- the point distribution of the load-bearing elements of the building relieved the internal space from powerful partitions;
- multifunctional roof of the first tier;
- natural lighting in living quarters, kitchen, laundry, bathrooms, on the stairs;
- 40% of walls – panoramic glazing, energy-saving double-glazed windows with UF-protection;
- fire and functional exits around the perimeter;
- air recovery system;
- building energy efficiency class A +;
- on the site: well, septic tank, concrete paved paths, landscape design elements and lighting.
Aesthetic aspects of the project.
The ZIKZAK Architects team integrated the project into the existing low-rise buildings of a respectable cottage town.
Eco-tech style with visually weightless roofs, natural finishing materials and transparent facades fits the building perfectly into the landscape. The residents of the house are immersed in a safe, visually limitless space of wildlife.